Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sister Mullen vs Megan Brown

So we had the delightful opportunity to play host to one of Danny's fellow MBAers the other night (I really was excited to have the space to actually let someone stay with us comfortably, as comfortable as a twin bed is). Colby just happened to serve his mission in Auckland NZ where my sister will be heading in two weeks.

My sister has been terrified of gaining weight on her mission, the reasons for this are numerous. One is the  rumors from the mission home and other NZ missionaries calling it the 40 kilo mission. That's right not 40 pounds but 40 kilos (88 pounds because I do use that conversion on a daily basis as a dietitian). Her teacher in the MTC also served in Auckland and gained 100 pounds. He almost doubled his body weight (if my sister's guesstimate of how much he weighs now is accurate). So I thought I would ask Colby if it was true, sadly it is.

Colby said that although he did not gain weight many Elders did and that the Sisters were the ones who most noticeably (wow had trouble spelling that one) gained the weight. He also told us about the Polynesian culture and their expectations for food consumption, to which my ever loving and witty husband made some comment about how "Sister Mullen probably could have handled that". Colby was a little shocked that my husband would say such a thing...that was until I showed him a few choice pictures.




Yep that is me, not an older sister. I am the oldest sister. My husband and I are allowed to talk about me being fat or eating like a haas only if we call her "Sister Mullen" my alter ego. This may also have contributed to my sister's fear of gaining weight on a mission. Luckily I've lost the weight I gained and then some & now have my jawbone back. Unfortunately it sounds like my sister really does have something to worry about.

A picture just so I feel better about myself, after exposing those previous ones. Of course it's one where my hair and make-up were professionally done, but still the jawbone says it all, oh and that's my adorable sister who is aforementioned.



No comments:

Post a Comment